Winter Seasonal – Equipment Operator
Salary: $26.46 per hour
Deadline to Apply: October 4, 2023
Start Date: November 8, 2023
End Date: April 10, 2024
The Charlottetown Airport Authority Inc. is a “not for profit” corporation established to manage and operate the Charlottetown Airport located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The Authority assumed financial and operational responsibility for the Charlottetown Airport on March 1, 1999. The Charlottetown Airport is a Class II National Airport System (NAS) airport as defined by the National Airports Policy announced by the Government of Canada in July 1994.
Summary of Duties:
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Operations, in addition to, their assigned Crew Foreman.
- The Winter Seasonal – Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient snow removal and ice control on runways, taxiways, aircraft aprons and around airport infrastructure.
- The Winter Seasonal – Equipment Operator must be able to operate all heavy equipment such as single and tandem-axle trucks, airfield plow/sweeper/blower units, snowblowers, loaders and by manual means, as necessary.
- The Winter Seasonal – Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of all hard surfaces, grounds and fencing encompassed on airside, in all types of weather, while adhering to all applicable policies and procedures.
- The Winter Seasonal – Equipment Operator may be requested to perform other duties as required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Knowledge, Education, Experience & Licenses
- A minimum of Grade 12 (or equivalent);
- Valid PEI Class 1A or 3A Driver’s License;
- Experience operating loaders, graders, blowers or snow removal heavy equipment considered, previous airport experience an asset;
- Must obtain and retain a CAA Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC), an Airport Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP-D) and a Radio Operator’s Certificate – Aeronautical (ROC-A);
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and using telecommunication devices such as handheld radios, etc.;
- Must be capable of working in an environment in which demands, and priorities change rapidly;
- Consistently follow all policies and procedures and demonstrate above-average safety awareness and situational awareness;
- Demonstrate above-average mechanical aptitude;
- Demonstrate ability to take direction and implement instructions in a timely manner;
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team through use of critical thinking skills and behavior to help ensure the team’s success;
- Work Day/Night shift rotation schedule;
- Work in all types of weather;
- Complete all required CAA training;
- Demonstrate basic computer skills and knowledge of commonly used software programs.
- Be physically capable of lifting 20kg and be able to perform manual snow removal as required.
Please forward your electronic resume complete with all pertinent documentation to email@example.com.